"She could be herself by herself. And that was what now she often felt the need of... to be silent; to be alone. All the being and the doing, expansive, glittering, vocal, evaporated; and one shrunk to being oneself...it was thus that she felt herself, and this self having shed its attachments was free for the strangest adventures." - Virginia Woolf.
The words divine feminine are bandied about a lot these days. It sounds nice to become a goddess and get in touch with our creative feminine self but what does that really mean? Is it just a lot of prancing around in long flowing dresses, eating chocolate ? well the long flowing dresses are optional but the chocolate definitely needs to be involved!
The truth is each woman's relationship with her feminine essence will be as individual and unique as she herself is.
As someone who worked in the very masculine industries of property, railways and finally football I know what it's like to push down our naturally feminine selves to get ahead in a corporate, aggressive and competitive work environment. But the skills that saw us achieve success in the boardroom don't always work so well in the rest of our lives. Gradually it led to a disconnect in the way I manage my relationship with myself, my career and my happiness.
- Feeling disconnected from your body, your femininity, creativity and sensuality?
- Detached from hearing your own intuition, wisdom and the voice within, the whisper of your authentic self.
- Craving greater harmony and peace in your life and to shift from a “human dolng” to becoming a "human being"
- Looking for a way of healing heartbreak and old wounds of the heart
- Suffering from sadness, anxiety or low self esteem?
We will create a nurturing, and safe space in this weekend workshop for a deep dive into this intensely beautiful journey of the heart and our own relationship with the feminine energy within us that allows us to both share in a healing space with other women whilst honoring the uniqueness of our individual journey.
We use the symbol of divine feminine the Goddess Tara - deity of Love and Compassion in both Hinduism Tantra and Tibetan Buddhism as a starting point and focus for the weekend, creating a relationship with this avatar of the Great Mother that helps reflect back the divinely feminine qualities of love, compassion wisdom and forgiveness already present within ourselves in our own hearts and waiting to be awoken. In the weekend you will learn how to:
- Discover and instill more magic, sacredness, mystery and beauty into your every day life.
- Connect to your heart and hear the wisdom of your divinely feminine intuitive self.
- Access a deep well of self love, appreciation, acceptance for yourself, increase self worth and develop compassion for yourself and others.
- Feel more in tune with your body and its natural rhythms and cycles as well as understand your relationship to both the feminine and masculine energies within you.
- Find a place of tranquility, joy and inner peace.
It doesn't matter whether you have a spiritual practice, what religion you are or if you're happily agnostic - all of the techniques we use are really a way of guiding us back to one thing - the innate wisdom, truth and love contained within our own hearts.
See the event page HERE for a list of upcoming workshops and locations, a run down of the schedule and what to bring.
I first discovered the idea of a silent retreat in my early thirties working a 60 hour week in a very driven, competitive and exhausting work environment launching the redevelopment of a London landmark to the Queen. Yes the Queen. It's fair to say the pressure was on! Yet at a time when I could have done with someone introducing me to these techniques, teachings and tools the most I was far too snowed under to find time in my working schedule to contemplate taking a week's holiday let alone jet off somewhere exotic for a full 10 day silent retreat. I know what it's like when you're a woman finding time for everything and everyone else in your life but yourself and how hard it is to change that pattern even when you do take some time off. That's why i'm developing silent retreats and virtual retreats especially for women.
Coming SoonRegister your Interest Below.